Financial Aid Program
Would you really love to join EuroSciPy but can’t afford it? We might be able to help you!
Thanks to the support of NumFOCUS, the Python Software Foundation, and the EuroPython Society, we are offering a financial aid program to support people who may need it in order to join the conference.
We offer two types of financial aid grants:
- Free ticket: The ticket includes access to 2 days of tutorials + 2 days of talks + 1 day of sprints
- Travel and accommodation costs: We will partially cover the travel costs (hotel/transportation)
Our program is open to all people with lack of budget. We can give limited numbers of subsidies, that’s why we will focus on the next criteria for evaluation:
- Diversity: We are looking for the most diverse EuroSciPy conference.
- Contributors: Speakers/trainers of EuroSciPy, active people from small Python communities, and contributors to community projects.
- Economic factors: Students, unemployed, or people with difficult economic situations.
How to apply
Please fill in the form before June 24th.
|June 5||Open the grant program|
|June 24||Deadline for submitting the applications|
|July 8||Notification of grants awarded|
|July 15||Deadline for applicants to accept/decline financial aid|
|August 25||Deadline to upload receipts|
- Free ticket: we will send you an individual coupon for registration. In case you have already bought the ticket, we will refund you on the same account that you used for purchasing the ticket.
- Accommodation and Travel grant: all grants involving reimbursements will be reimbursed by bank transfer after the conference. Please, upload your receipts (hotel invoice, plane/bus/train tickets) via the Google Form we’ll send you after the grant acceptance notice. The reimbursement can either be made by bank transfer or PayPal payment after the conference.
IMPORTANT: We will do bank transfers only via SEPA transfer. Please, check
it with your bank, some information you can find
- The financial aid grants will only be made available to registered attendees actually attending the conference
- If you find that you cannot attend the conference for some reason, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can reallocate the grant
- If the applicant does not accept the grant before the deadline, the grant will be considered rejected by the applicant
- Please submit receipts on time, not approved receipts will not be reimbursed
- Receipts should contain: your name, amount of expenses (price for the tickets or hotels) and itinerary
- Reimbursements before the conference, or via other means such as cash
are not possible.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions.
The data we collect on this form will exclusively be used by EuroSciPy finaid committee for the selection of grant recipients and the processing of financial aid refunds. No data is passed on to third parties, except the necessary information to our accountants and the bank in order to process the refunds. We use Google Forms for the processing and Google Drive to store relevant information.